FAMILY DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
- What can we do as a family to stir up others in our community to come back to God?
- How important is the man’s God-given role in the family?
- As a family, how would you envision the future if the world went back to God’s morals?
Ezra 1 End of the Babylonian Captivity
1 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying,
2 Thus says Cyrus king of Persia: All the kingdoms of the earth the Lord God of heaven has given me. And He has commanded me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah. 3 Who is among you of all His people? May his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem which is in Judah, and build the house of the Lord God of Israel (He is God), which is in Jerusalem. 4 And whoever is left in any place where he dwells, let the men of his place help him with silver and gold, with goods and livestock, besides the freewill offerings for the house of God which is in Jerusalem.
5 Then the heads of the fathers’ houses of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests and the Levites, with all whose spirits God had moved, arose to go up and build the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem.
- STIR UP (V.1)
- Hebrews 10:19-25
- Haggai 1:14
- STEP UP (V.5a)
- Deuteronomy 16:16
- Deuteronomy 6:1-15
- Jeremiah 15:16
- Matthew 4:4
- Ephesians 5:18
- Galatians 5:22-23
- Proverbs 29:18
- BE SANCTIFIED (The Feast of Unleavened Bread)
- BE SWORDSMEN (Spiritually) & SPIRIT-FILLED (The Feast of Weeks)
- BE SECOND ADVENT MEN (The Feast of Tabernacles)
- SET UP (V.5b)
- 1 Corinthians 3:9-11
- 1 Peter 2:6
- Ephesians 2:19-20
- 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
- John 2:13-22
- THE ALTER (Ezra 3:1-2) – THE CROSS OF CHRIST
- THE FOUNDATION (Ezra 3:10-11) – THE CORNERSTONE IS CHRIST
- THE TEMPLE (Ezra 6:14) – THE CHURCH OF CHRIST